Companies in North Branford can take advantage of an educated workforce, a location that already attracts people with disposable income, and a strong, varied business community for business-to-business sales and partnerships.
The Town of North Branford has initiated a strong pro-business posture, recognizing that growth and prosperous businesses are essential to the overall health of the community. This has resulted in the following initiatives:
- Cooperation with the State of Connecticut in the improvement of Route 80 to remove congestion and facilitate business development along the road
- Planning for the re-use of the former Town Hall site to be redeveloped as a mixed-use town center.
- Approval of a major new retail center on Route 80 that will house a "Big Y' supermarket.
- Acceptance of a comprehensive economic development strategy.
- Establishment of a Facade Improvement Program that will provide grants for the improvement of commercial development in that area.
- Movement of ESI Industries into an existing building on Twin Lakes Road.
We're confident that these locational advantages - and the benefits of locating in a globally competitive state like Connecticut - give North Branford a strong base for your business. We believe that once you become a part of our community, you'll be here to stay.